Are you a current Economics student? Heading link
Students already majoring or minoring in Economics should contact Academic Advisor Albert Hernández for information about any of the following:
- Available or recommended courses
- Departmental requirements
- Study abroad equivalencies
- Career development as it relates to your program of study
Students with questions about general education or academic policy that is not related to the Econ major should contact their assigned LAS advisor.
Are you interested in becoming an Economics student? Heading link
That’s great! If you would like to learn more about the Economics major or minor, we recommend reviewing our Academic Programs and Why Economics? pages. To move forward with declaring a major or minor in Economics, take the following steps:
- If you are not yet a UIC student, review UIC’s admissions requirements and submit your application for admission to UIC. If you have questions about the application process or want to speak with an LAS College Recruiter, please email LASinfo@uic.edu or request an appointment through the LAS website.
- Current UIC students who have questions about Economics may schedule an appointment with Academic Advisor Albert Hernández or contact Director of Undergraduate Studies for Economics, Prof. Marcus Casey.
- If you are a UIC student outside of LAS interested in adding Economics as a double degree, please visit our Double Degree page.
- If you are interested in minoring in Economics, we recommend making an appointment with Academic Advisor Albert Hernández, though an advising appointment is not required to declare a minor.